Cheesy Cauliflower Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 466 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51429 times
Handy envelopes of whole wheat flour rotis hold a lip-smacking mixture of cauliflower and cheese, perked up with apt ingredients like green chillies and coriander.
The highlight of the Cheesy Cauliflower Paratha however is the addition of roasted pomegranate seeds and chaat masala to the cheesy stuffing, which gives it an awesome aroma and flavour.
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the cheesy cauliflower stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the cheesy cauliflower stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Fold 2 opposite corners of the circle over the filling, overlapping them slightly. Now fold the remaining 2 sides of the circle to seal the stuffing well and form an envelope.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||141.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.