Bread Walnut Ice-cream
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 113 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47836 times
Skim milk and corn flour are used as thickening agent to give body and creamy texture to the ice-cream. Brown bread is healthy as is made from whole wheat flour and makes this ice-cream unique delicacy in itself.
- Combine the milk powder and cornflour with 1 tbsp cold milk in a bowl and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a non-stick pan, when it starts boiling add the milk powder and cornflour mixture while stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the milk thickens and keep aside to cool.
- To the cooled mixture add the cream, sugar substitute brown bread crumbs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an aluminium vessel, cover it and place in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the mixture has set, remove from the freezer and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the walnuts to the blended mixture, pour the mixture into the same vessel, cover and place it in the freezer again till it sets.
- Just before serving, place the scoops of ice-cream in 4 individual bowls and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.