Beans and Amaranth Leaves Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11657 times
An iron-rich trio of amaranth leaves, rajma and kabuli chana come together in this lip-smacking dal! Made of everyday ingredients, this delicious Beans and Amaranth Leaves Dal is also easy to prepare. Now, you can enjoy culinary pleasure hand in hand with good health and a sharp brain, because apart from improving haemoglobin levels, iron also helps to supply oxygen for making blood, which is vital for brain health.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the chawli leaves and again sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rajma, kabuli chana, salt and 3 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Mash the dal slightly using a potato masher.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.