Baked Vegetable Risotto, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32079 times
Like our desi khichdi , Risotto also has a unique flavour and soft texture, which Italians find comforting.
Once you develop a taste for this Italian delicacy, you will find it a pleasure to rest every spoonful on your taste buds, with the soothing taste of milk and cheese, the classic aroma of pepper, and the crunchiness of mixed vegetables.
Interestingly, this recipe is rich in protein not just from the dairy products used, but also with the smart replacement of polished rice with brown rice. This not only increases the protein content, but fibre content too making this a healthy fare for kids and adults.
Cut the vegetables finely, so your kids will wipe off the Baked Vegetable Risotto faster than you can imagine.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, milk, cream, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, mash it lightly using a potato masher.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.