Baked Pav Bhaji Pasta, Pav Bhaji Pasta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 113 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28503 times
When an all-time favourite desi snack crosses paths with a popular Italian dish, the result is this fascinating Baked Pav Bhaji Pasta! Fusili is cooked with a lip-smacking mixture of veggies flavoured with pav bhaji masala, and further enhanced with cream and herbs thereby bringing together the cuisines of two nations.
This fabulous pasta creation is topped with cheese and colourful capsicum strips, and baked to perfection. Every mouthful of this Pav Bhaji Pasta will pleasantly surprise you with its vast spectrum of flavours and textures.
Serve the pasta with a bowl of Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup and Ladi Pav Garlic Bread .
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onion and sautè on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, garam masala, chilli powder and capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fusilli, milk, fresh cream, ¼ cup cheese, basil, oregano, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the fusilli into a greased baking dish, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese, top it with coloured capsicum strips and sprinkle a little oregano evenly over it.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Baked Pav Bhaji Pasta Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||397.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3 mg|
|Vitamin C||31.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.