Cheesy Penne Pasta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27546 times
There are so many varieties or shapes of pasta, and even more ways of cooking these! penne is one of the most popular shapes, and combines well with a large assortment of sauces to make delectable pasta treats. Write the word ‘treat’ in capital letters and underline it with a bold red line, but even that will not be a just description for this cheesy pasta delight. Perked up with fresh oregano, parsley and nutmeg, there is joy in every flavourful bite. Make sure you boil the pasta ‘al dente’.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Add the flour and microwave on high for 40 seconds, stirring once in between after 20 seconds.
- Add the milk, whisk till smooth and without lumps and microwave on high for 3 minutes 30 seconds.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well till smooth. Use as required.
- Combine the mozzarella cheese and processed cheese and keep aside.
- Combine the penne, white sauce, parsley, nutmeg powder, oregano, ¼ cup of cheese, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Grease a shallow dish using ½ tsp of butter and spread the penne mixture in it.
- Arrange the tomato slices over it, and top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
- Dot it with the remaining 2 tsp of butter and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- ¾ cup of raw pasta will give 1½ cups of boiled pasta.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||638.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||24.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.