Baked Boondi with Rabri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 458 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24471 times
Sweet boondi is drowned in rabdi, laced with spices and nuts, and baked in an oven. What you get, is just incomparable to any dessert you might ever have tasted so far!
Baked Boondi with Rabdi combines the intensely milky flavour of rabdi with the charming aroma of cardamom and speckles of sweet boondi, resulting in a burst of flavours and textures in every mouthful. Serve this dish immediately upon preparation to get the best experience.
Some more traditional desserts that are ideal after dinner treats - Green Peas Kheer, Apple Rabadi , Sitafal Firni , Chum Chum , Chenna Malpua , Ghevar with Rabri , Makai ka Halwa , Walnut Halwa and Moong Dal Halwa .
- Remove the crusts of the bread slice and discard. Grind the bread slice in a food processor to make fresh bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to boil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the fresh bread crumbs, sugar and condensed milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, spread the boondi evenly in a deep baking dish.
- Pour the prepared rabri evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle the cardamom powder and almond slivers.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.