by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 225 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32126 times
Delicate and lacy malpuas made with fresh paneer.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and add the kewda essence.
- Mix the chenna, milk, plain flour and cornflour in a bowl and make a smooth batter by blending the mixture in a blender.
- Heat ghee in a shallow non-stick pan (the ghee should be approx. 1" deep).
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the batter into the ghee. It will double in size.
- Deep fry on both sides till lightly browned.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Drain and soak the hot malpuas into the prepared sugar syrup and allow them to soak for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain the malpuas from the syrup and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Serve warm.
- Make sure that the milk is lukewarm while adding the citric acid mixture.
- Do not shock hot milk as it will affect the quality of the chenna.
- Always use cow's milk for making chenna as it has a low fat content. If you use buffalo's milk, let the milk rest after boiling it and then discard the skin that is formed.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.