Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31440 times
Perfect proportions of bajra flour and semolina give these vadis an irresistible crunch, while an assortment of ingredients such as sesame seeds, spice powders and pastes give it a lip-smacking flavour.
You can prepare a large batch of this Bajra Vadi and store it in an air-tight jar, to serve with tea , or just as a snack .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal portions.
- Take a portion of the dough and flatten it between your palms to form a 37 mm. (1½”) diameter thick circle.
- Gently press in the centre of the vadi to form a slight depression.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to roll and shape the remaining vadis.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, half the vadis at a time on a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 6 to deep-fry the remaining vadis in one more batch.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Bajra Vadi by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per vadi
|Vitamin A||35.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.