Baingan Chutney, Brinjal Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1424 times
Roasted brinjal has an exquisite aroma that’s sure to kindle anyone’s appetite.
Combined with a brilliant combination of ingredients like onions, garlic and ginger the brinjals transform into a fantabulous accompaniment.
he Baingan Chutney tastes awesome with rotis , idlis and dosas , and can also be served as a dip .
Try other chutney recipes like Tomato Chutney or Spicy Onion Chutney .
- Make slits at equal intervals all over the surface of the brinjal and roast it over an open flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the brinjal turns soft and black, while turning occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Peel the skin of the brinjal.
- Cut the stem and discard it, chop it roughly and then mash it. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mashed brinjal and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.