Baingan Bharta with Curds, Roasted Eggplant with Curds
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4146 times
A refreshing twist to the traditional Baingan Bharta that is sure to surprise you pleasantly!
Here, the roasted eggplants are blended with curds and a couple of flavour-givers like green chillies and coriander, and then chilled, to make a delectable dish that will tickle your taste buds.
Chilling helps to enhance the flavour of the Baingan Bharta with Curds and also gives it a nice, refreshing mouth-feel that makes it an apt edition to a summer’s day menu.
The best part about this recipe is that it is oh-so-easy to make and uses very common ingredients, so you can conjure it up on any day you wish to.
Serve this as a side dish to the main course or enjoy as an accompaniment to your favourite rotis or parathas .
- Prick the brinjal with a fork at regular intervals, apply the oil evenly over it.
- Roast it on a medium flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Remove the skin and roughly chop it.
- Blend in a mixer along with the green chillies till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, garlic paste, coriander and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Add the baingan mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||310.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||31.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||86.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.