Aubergine Au Gratin, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67141 times
Au gratin - the name says it all. A dish covered with a healthy sauce, whole wheat bread crumbs and mozarella cheese and then baked.
It is usually served form the dish in which it is baked. Submerge yourself in this divinely baked dish to please your taste buds occasionally.
Try other diabetic friendly baked dishes like Huanciana Broccoli and Baby Corn or Baked Vegetables in Spinach Sauce .
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the vegetables, salt and pepper, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Sprinkle little water while cooking. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the brinjal slices and sauté till they turn light brown in colour and crisp. Divide it into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- In a greased baking tray, arrange a portion of brinjal slices at the bottom to make an even layer.
- Pour the pizza sauce and spread it evenly to make a layer.
- Put the sautéed vegetables and spread it evenly to make a layer.
- Arrange the remaining brinjal slices evenly over it.
- Pour the white sauce and spread it evenly to make a layer.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over it and top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 196 calories|
|Protein|| 7.8 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 21.4 gm|
|Fat|| 8.9 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 1086.4 mcg|
|Iron|| 2.0 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.