Layered Spinach Paneer Au Gratin, Paneer and Spinach Baked Dish
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34659 times
Here is a lovely, double-layered Au Gratin that will bowl over all your guests! First comes a luscious paneer layer that features crumbled paneer held together with myriad ingredients like bread, potatoes and curds, flavoured with a dash of green chillies and coriander.
This is followed by a spinach layer, which is wisely perked up with fenugreek leaves for extra josh. And of course, no Au Gratin is complete without cheese, so a generous garnish of cheese, followed by the appropriate baking procedure completes the irresistible Layered Spinach Paneer Au Gratin. Enjoy it right off the oven!
Pair it with some Curried Beans Pasta for a hearty meal.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, fenugreek leaves and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the white sauce, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the bread and curds, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, paneer, green chillies, coriander and salt and mix well and keep aside.
- Put the paneer mixture in a baking dish and spread it evenly with the help of a spoon.
- Pour the spinach mixture over it and spread it evenly over it.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400° f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3009.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||58.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.