Amla Murabba, Rajasthani Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 345581 times
An evergreen Rajasthani recipe, the Amla Murabba is a wonderful accompaniment to any meal, but it is so tasty you will want to enjoy a spoonful at any time, without any reason at all.
In this recipe, the soft-cooked and sweetened amlas are delightfully flavoured with our favourite Indian spices – cardamom and saffron.
Although it takes some time to prepare, this pickle will stay well in an airtight glass container at room temperature for six months, so it is completely worth the efforts.
You can also try other recipes using amla like Amla Pickle and Amla Honey Shot .
- Wash the amlas thoroughly. Prick them with a fork at regular intervals.
- Boil enough of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the amlas and boil on a high flame for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirirng occasionally.
- Add the amlas, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 30 minutes, while stirring occasionally or till the amlas are soft. Cover it with a lid and keep aside to mature for 2 days.
- Drain and reserve the syrup as well as the amlas.
- Put the syrup back into the same deep non-stick pan along with the cardamom powder and saffron, mix well and cook on a high flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained amlas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool it completely and store in an air-tight glass container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.