Vegetable Manchurian Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 60906 times
Vegetarian manchurian, a flagship indo-chinese recipe! vegetable manchurian is a culmination of indian ingredients and chinese cooking style and is a wonderful fusion of flavors. These little balls of shredded vegetables soaked in a thick sauce bursting with flavors of ginger, garlic, chili and soya sauce tastes great with noodles or a bowl of fried rice. Vegetable manchurian comes from the kitchens of chinese settled in eastern india, and is a popular dish across the country today!
Recipe Description for Vegetable Manchurian ( Chinese Cooking )
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, salt, pepper, cornflour and plain flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the green chillies and garlic and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball (if you find it difficult to form balls, sprinkle a little water).
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 1/2 cup cold water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and capsicum and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, 1 cup of water and soya sauce, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar and chili garlic sauce, mix well and cook on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Just before serving, add the manchurian balls to the hot gravy, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
- The gravy is best made just before serving or else it might thicken.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.