kitchen king masala
Viewed 15673 times
Also Known As
All purpose masala, Spice mix.
As the name suggests, the Kitchen King Masala is the king of all masalas, as it is a blend of all major spices used in cooking dishes like subzis. It is dark brown coloured, has a strong spicy flavour, and should be used sparingly.
Its ingredients vary from company to company. The Badshah Kitchen King Masala, for example, has coriander and turmeric in it, whereas the MDH Kitchen King Masala has a mixture of coriander, cumin, chilli, turmeric, black pepper and other spices. Try a few brands and settle with what works best for you.
How to Select
• Kitchen King Masala is very common and available in all the provision stores as well as supermarkets.
• Several brands are available, often with varying formulas. So, check the ingredients and choose what works best for you.
• Check the seal of the package to ensure maximum freshness, and verify the use-by date before buying.
• Choose the newest batch, as prolonged storage might lead to loss of flavour.
• Kitchen King Masala can be used in making several Indian dishes, especially Punjabi subzis.
• It can also be used while making a vegetable pulao or a biryani.
How to Store
• Once the pack is opened, transfer the contents to an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place.
• Ensure that you tightly lid the container after every use.
• Use a dry spoon to take out the masala and keep away from the reach of children as it is spicy.
• As it is used in small quantities, the health benefits are not significant. Nevertheless, it does reflect the health benefits of the spices contained to a small extent.
• Cumin present in Kitchen King Masala helps cope with flatulence, indigestion, nausea and diarrhoea.
• Dry coriander treats diarrhoea, and helps to alleviate excessive menstrual flow.
• Turmeric consists of the active ingredient Curcumin, which harbours antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, stomach-soothing, and liver-and heart-protecting effects.
• Black pepper improves digestion, relieves intestinal gas and plays the role of an antioxidant to fight cancer.