Sundried Tomato Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13094 times
The mention of Milan produces immediate thoughts of the wonderful risotto named after the city. Risottos are best made using a special kind of Italian rice called “arborio” which is cooked with garlic and onions.
The trick to prepare a perfect risotto is slow cooking of rice and judicious stirring. The risotto must be prepared as close to serving time as possible as it is best when freshly prepared.
Serve other Italian dishes with this like Pizzas and Garlic Bread .
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add salt and 2 ½ cups of hot water, mix well cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the broccoli , sundried tomatoes, cheese, fresh cream, cheese, milk , salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.