Stuffed Baingan with Gravy
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30592 times
Stuffed Baingan with Gravy is a popular Indian vegetable recipe with the brinjals or egg plants slit and stuffed with spices and then simmered in a rich and spicy curry.
- Put all the ingredients except the baingan of course in a blender starting with dry ingredients and adding less and less dry ingredients.
- Grind this into powder. taste this because whatever it tastes is the taste u get when u make the baingans.
- Cut the baingans stalk and make 4 slits in baingan longitudinally leaving one end intact so that u can stuff the mixture.
- Stuff the coconut mixture in the slit baingans. in a kadai take 1-2 tbsp of oil
- And u may add additional seasoning or u can omit.
- Then when the oil is hot add the baingans and stir it now and then for 5 minutes
- Then add water 3/4 cup and the remaining mixture and close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes
- Now check if the baingans are cooked and also if the gravy consistency is to ur desire ( u can add water accordingly as much thick or thin gravy u want )
- If baingans are cooked and the gravy is to ur req consistancy then its done. ready to eat.
This recipe was contributed by binal142001 on 03 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.