Spicy Lemon Pickle, Nimbu Ka Achaar Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34569 times
Lemon pickle is one of the best pickles ever produced. Its hotness and sharpness complements most Indian recipes. This simple recipe is devised for all those who love lemon pickles, but do not have the patience to wait till the pickle matures in the sun. It is quick, completely oil-free and absolutely traditional in taste.
Pressure cooked lemons combined with salt, chilli and asafoetida make this Spicy Lemon Pickle. Pressure cook the lemons till they are soft and the skin gives way under the pressure of your thumb. Store it refrigerated for upto one week.
- Combine the lemon with 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain well and cool completely.
- Cut the lemon in quarters and deseed them.
- Combine the lemon, turmeric powder and salt in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the asafoetida and chilli powder and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated and use as required.
- This pickle stays for upto a week when stored refrigerated in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.