Spicy Bajra Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13828 times
Bajra is very rich in fibre, iron, calcium and protein. Parathas made of bajra flour are very nutritious and tasty, but require a lot of practice to roll evenly. Yet, the Spicy Bajra Paratha is definitely worth the time spent. In this creation, the rotis are further enhanced with a filling of paneer and methi leaves. Serve the parathas hot with low-fat curds for a delectable meal that will keep you satiated for a long while.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the bajra flour, wheat flour and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough hot water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ½ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy|| 175 calories|
|Protein|| 7.8 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 26.9 gm|
|Fat|| 4.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 3.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 200.1 mg|
|Iron|| 2.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.