5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 258 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32818 times
A perfect dessert to serve a special guest, or to commemorate a special Occasion at home, the Sev Biranj is a delectable preparation of ghee-roasted vermicelli cooked in milk, sweetened and flavoured with saffron and cardamom.
With the rich and intense flavour of milk and spices, this dish also has a very interesting mouth-feel, with the crisp yet soft texture of roasted and cooked vermicelli.
Serve it fresh off the stove, with a garnish of slivered nuts and raisins too, if you’d like. Sev Biranj is also a festive recipe that is made in many homes during the festival of Holi .
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the vermicelli and sauté on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the vermicelli is golden brown in colour.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with pistachio slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.