Nariyal Chane ka Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19513 times
Spicy chick peas and coconut stuffed whole wheat parathas can be served on their own as they make a very filling snack. Be careful while rolling out stuffed parathas. They should always be rolled out lightly so that the stuffing does not come out. Another easy method to make stuffed parathas is to roll out two large thin chapatis and place a portion of the stuffing in between these two chapatis, seal the edges of the chapatis and cook the stuffed parathas on a tava (griddle). Serve these parathas with the pachranga achaar.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the coconut and fry for a few minutes until the pieces are golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder, chaat masala, Kabuli chana and salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Mash the filling a little using the back of a spoon.
- Cool completely and divide the filling into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle), using a little oil, until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 4 more parathas.
- Overcooked chick peas are better to use as a stuffing for this recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.