Death By Chocolate Pastry ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71247 times
If this chocolate pastry does spell death, it is sure to be followed by heaven!
- Slice the chocolate cake horizontally into 3 equal parts. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar syrup and kalhua in a bowl to make the soaking syrup and keep aside.
- Combine the cream and 1 cup of dark chocolate truffle and whisk well to make the chocolate cream. Keep aside.
- Soak the bottom layer of the chocolate cake with ¼ cup of the soaking syrup.
- Spread ¼ cup of truffle on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Spread ½ cup of the chocolate cream over it.
- Sandwich with the second layer of the chocolate cake.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to make one more layer.
- Soak the third layer of the sponge with the remaining soaking syrup and cover the top and sides with the remaining chocolate cream.
- Transfer the cake onto a cake board and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Cut into 4 equal wedges and move a clean palette knife over the chocolate cream. Remove with a jerk so as to get a wavy uneven surface.
- To make the chocolate cigar, spread the tempered chocolate in a thin layer on a clean formica / granite or marble surface using a palate knife.
- With a firm grip on the palate knife and employing a steady amount of pressure, slowly draw the knife in a straight line down the layer of chocolate. You can use your free hand to help form the chocolate into nice curls and keep aside.
- Place a couple of chocolate cigars on top of each pastry. Serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.