Creamy Onion, Spinach and Carrot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18905 times
Rich and luscious, this soup is a treat to the palate! What makes Creamy Onion, Spinach and Carrot Soup marvelous is the combination of nutrients like vitamins A, E, and iron.
The protein in milk works hand-in-hand with the vitamin A to further boost your vision. Enjoy this delicious Creamy Onion, Spinach and Carrot Soup fresh off the stove.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and ½ cup of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1763.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||39 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.