Banana Apple Porridge
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 300 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83123 times
A healthy duet of grains like broken wheat and oats with fruits like banana and apples, this porridge is flavoursome and truly tempting. Sautéing the broken wheat and oats before cooking chases away the raw smell, while the cinnamon powder and fruits enhance the flavour and aroma further. The Banana and Apple Porridge is an ideal way to start a morning, as it not only gives a lot of energy but is also brimming with calcium, protein, fibre, etc.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and sauté on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Add the oats and sauté on a slow flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon powder, mix well and cool slightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the banana and apples and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
| 160 calories|| 5.6 gm|| 30.5 gm|| 1.7 gm|| 1.5 gm|| 163.6 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.