5 Spice Tofu and Bean Sprouts Kodri ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31468 times
Life is all about experimentation and moving out of our comfort zones to discover the treasures that lie yonder! so, let not the out-of-the-ordinary blend of spices, and the resulting flavours and textures, scare you away from this dish! while, to be frank, this dish may not appeal to all, it is a must-try for those who like to experiment beyond the traditional chinese fried rice. The chinese five-spice powder is a flavour enhancer that gives this dish a unique tinge; you can make it in bulk and stock in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the spring onions and sauté over a medium flame till they are tender.
- Add the chinese 5 spice powder and sauté over a medium flame for ½ a minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and tofu and mix well.
- Add the cooked kodri, sugar and salt, toss well and cook over a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve hot.
- In a non-stick pan, add the schezuan peppercorns and sauté over a slow flame till the aroma is released while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- In the same pan add the other ingredients and sauté over a slow flame till the aroma is released while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- When cool blend in a mixer to a fine powder and sieve.
- A coarse powder of the spices will be left behind. Blend it again to make a fine powder and sieve again.
- Store in an air-tight jar and use as required
| 125 calories|| 5.9 gm|| 17.3 gm|| 3.8 gm|| 73.7 mg|| 2.5 mg|| 2.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.