Summer Mango Cooler
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32837 times
Summer would be so empty and lifeless without mangoes. Whether you like them raw or ripe, cooked or uncooked, juiced or sliced, mangoes breath back life into us, as the sweltering heat saps our energy. And, this Summer Mango Cooler does the job perfectly well. Sharp, tangy notes of raw mango are mellowed with sugar and tinged with tantalizing hints of cardamom and saffron, making this an ever-popular drink with kids and adults alike. Serve chilled for the best experience.
- Heat enough water in a deep pan, add the raw mangoes and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and allow it to cool completely.
- Remove the skin and roughly chop them.
- Combine the chopped mangoes, sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add 3 cups of water and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.