Seb ki Jalebi, Apple Jalebi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35762 times
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and boil for 5 minutes. The syrup should be of 1 thread consistency.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. Add this to the syrup.
- Add the rose water. Keep aside.
- Add the yeast and 2 pinches of sugar to ½ cup of lukewarm water. Mix well.
- Sprinkle 2 pinches of flour on top. Cover and keep for 3 to 4 minutes. If the cup is full of froth, the yeast is ready to use.
- Mix the flour, yeast liquid, sugar, melted ghee and some warm water and whisk until the mixture has the consistency of thick batter.
- Cover and keep for 40 to 50 minutes. Mix well again.
- Dip apple rings in this batter and deep-fry in oil on both sides until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the syrup till warm, remove from the flame and drop apple rings into it.
- Soak for 1 minute and drain.
- Garnish with cardamom powder, pistachios and rose petals.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.