rajma vegetable salad recipe | healthy kidney beans salad with rocket leaves, baby spinach and tomatoes | Indian rajma lunch salad |
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28412 times
rajma vegetable salad recipe | healthy kidney beans salad with rocket leaves, baby spinach and tomatoes | Indian rajma lunch salad | with 33 amazing images.
rajma vegetable salad recipe | healthy kidney beans salad with rocket leaves, baby spinach and tomatoes | Indian rajma lunch salad is a healthy bowlful to satiate at lunch time. Learn how to make healthy kidney beans salad with rocket leaves, baby spinach and tomatoes.
To make rajma vegetable salad, combine all the ingredients in a lunch box and mix well. Carry the dressing in a separate small container. Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
Occasionally, all of us feel like skipping our regular staples and opting for a salad lunch instead. With health-consciousness on the rise, some people are even doing it on a regular basis. The Indian rajma lunch salad is one such one-dish meal, which is so tasty that you will not miss your regular food.
Bursting with flavour and loaded with multi-textured ingredients, this salad is very satiating too. It has a good mix of beans and veggies, laced with a flavour-packed, olive oil based dressing. Olive oil gives you omega-3 fatty acids, while baby spinach and rocket leaves are rich in iron and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Coloured capsicums give you a good dose of Vitamin C, while carrots are good for your eyes and onions prevent cancer. Rajma gives your body the protein it needs to keep your bones healthy, as well as iron to increase haemoglobin levels. With so much of goodness, this Indian rajma lunch salad is enough to satisfy most of your hunger at lunch time.
You can also try other salads like Whole Masoor Salad or Roasted Capsicum and Alfa-alfa Sprouts Salad with Peanut Dressing.
Tips for rajma vegetable salad. 1. Alfa-alfa sprouts can be replaced with bean sprouts. 2. One teaspoon of lemon juice in the dressing can be flavourful addition to this salad.
Enjoy rajma vegetable salad recipe | healthy kidney beans salad with rocket leaves, baby spinach and tomatoes | Indian rajma lunch salad | with step by step photos.
- To make rajma vegetable salad, combine all the ingredients in a lunch box and mix well. Carry the dressing in a separate small container.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well. Serve the rajma vegetable salad immediately.
rajma vegetable salad video
Rajma Vegetable Salad, Healthy Indian Rajma Lunch Salad recipe with step by step photos
like rajma vegetable salad recipe | healthy kidney beans salad with rocket leaves, baby spinach and tomatoes | Indian rajma lunch salad | then see our healthy Indian salad with dressings and some recipes we love below.
what is rajma vegetable salad made off? healthy kidney beans salad with rocket leaves, baby spinach and tomatoes is made from 1/2 cup soaked and cooked rajma (kidney beans), 1/2 cup coloured capsicum cubes, 1/2 cup baby spinach , torn into pieces
1/2 cup rocket leaves , torn into pieces, 1/4 cup carrot juliennes, 1/4 cup chopped spring onions, 4 cherry tomatoes , cut into halves, 2 tbsp alfalfa sprouts sprouts. See image of list of ingredients for rajma vegetable salad.
For making Rajma vegetable salad, rinse the rajma very well using water. We are making use of small sized Kashmiri rajma but, you can use whichever is easily available.
Transfer the rajma in a bowl, submerge in enough water and soak overnight or a minimum of 8-10 hours
Next day, discard the water by straining the rajmas. Rinse the rajma once again with fresh water.
Add the soaked and drained kidney beans to a pressure cooker. You can even cook the rajma directly on a stovetop but it will consume a lot of time.
Add enough water.
Close the lid and pressure cook the rajmas for 4-5 whistles or on a medium flame.
When the pressure settle downs naturally, open the lid and mix once.Check if the rajma is cooked or not by pressing it between your thumb and index finger. If it is not soft, add water and cook for 1-2 more whistles. Always cook the rajma till soft and tender.
Strain the rajma and keep aside. You may reserve and use this water while preparing the Rajma Masala later.
- Rich in Magnesium : One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium requirements. Magnesium helps in formation of bones and teeth and metabolism of calcium and potassium.
- Lowers Cholesterol : Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Soluble fibre may reduce the absorption of cholesterol. Hence lowers total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the Bad cholesterol) therefore reducing the risk of heart disease. Soluble fibre creates the bile in the intestine to excreted in the stool.
- See 10 benefits of rajma.
- Low Glycemic Index : Capsicum has a Glycemic Index of 40 which is low. Glycemic Index are for foods you eat, ranks carbohydrate-containing foods by how quickly they digest and raise your blood sugar or glucose levels. Foods rank from 0 to 50 are low GI, 51 to 69 are medium and 70 to 100 are high. Foods that are high in GI are not suitable for weight loss and diabetics. Foods like Capsicum have a low GI and hence don't spike your glucose level as they are absorbed slowly. Great for weight loss and diabetics.
- See 11 super benefits of capsicum, shimla mirch.
- Keeps your Eyes healthy : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough Vegetables like carrots have high incidence of blindness. This is easily preventable if carrot is regularly included in the diet.
- See 11 benefits of gajar.
In a small bowl put 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. If you want use olive oil.
Add 1/4 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika).
Add 1/4 tsp dried oregano.
Add salt to taste. We added 1/4 tsp salt.
Mix well and keep aside.
In a large bowl put 1/2 cup soaked and cooked rajma (kidney beans).
Add 1/2 cup coloured capsicum cubes.
Add 1/2 cup baby spinach , torn into pieces.
Add 1/2 cup rocket leaves , torn into pieces.
Add 1/4 cup carrot juliennes.
Add 1/4 cup chopped spring onions.
Add 4 cherry tomatoes , cut into halves.
Add 2 tbsp alfalfa sprouts sprouts.
Just before serving, add the dressing.
Rajma Vegetable Salad – a nourishing bowl.
Heart patients, weight watchers and diabetics can enjoy this salad as a part of their meal.
The protein in this salad will help to boost metabolism and aid in weight loss.
The horde of antioxidants from a variety of will help to reduce inflammation in the body and maintain the health of cells and organs.
The omega-3 fatty acids from the olive oil is a key nutrient to maintain heart health.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.