Broccoli, Bean Sprouts and Long Bean Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23527 times
Behold this brilliant salad and you can’t help drooling! Indeed, what a fabulous sight it is, with a vibrant mix of broccoli, sprouts and long beans drowned in a rich dressing of coconut milk and mushrooms perked up with red curry paste.
Garnished with sesame seeds, this Broccoli, Bean Sprouts and Long Bean Salad is an epitome of perfection, which brings to the table irresistible flavour, aroma and visual appeal.
This salad also makes a great side vegetable when served with rice and noodles .
- Combine the coconut milk and mushrooms in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the red curry paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushroom- coconut milk mixture, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, and add the sesame seeds and allow them to crackle. Keep aside.
- Combine the broccoli, bean sprouts, and long beans in a deep bowl, add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately garnished with sesame seeds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.