Quick Rava Idlis Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 96881 times
Well, you love idlis, but what if you have no batter on hand? here is a quick and equally tasty (in fact, spicier!) version of idlis made with semolina. Since the batter requires no fermentation, this recipe is a quick-fix!
Recipe Description for Quick Rava Idli ( Tiffin Treats)
- Combine all ingredients together, except the fruit salt along with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl andmix well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, cashewnuts, curry leaves, cumin seeds, green chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add this tempering to the batter and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour a little batter into each greased idli mould and steam in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Allow them to cool completely, pack in an air-tight tiffin box, with the coconut chutney in a separate air-tight box.
See step by step images of Quick Rava Idli ( Tiffin Treats) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.