Mini Idlis in Coconut Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11478 times
Idli taste great with coconut sauce and makes a good cocktail snack.
Recipe Description for Mini Idlis in Coconut Sauce
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, green chilli, coconut milk, salt, lemon juice, sugar and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Put the spinach leaves in enough hot water and allow them to blanch for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain, cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Combine the idli batter, spinach purée and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour a little batter into each greased mini idli mould and steam in a steamer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Cool, demould and keep aside.
- Heat a sizzler plate or tava (griddle) till red hot.
- Pour ¼th of the prepared coconut sauce over it and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mini idlis and the remaining coconut sauce over it and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Discard the green chilli from the coconut sauce and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.