Moong Dal and Spinach Idli Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 20049 times
Eliminating rice reduces the calorie count of these spinach idlis, making them suitable for diabetics as well. The same moong dal batter can also be used to make healthy pankis and pancakes.
Recipe Description for Moong Dal and Spinach Idli
- Combine the yellow moong dal , spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the curds and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and pour 2 tsp water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease the idli moulds using oil, put spoonfuls of the batter into idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool slightly, demould and serve immediately with sambhar and healthy coconut chutney.
See step by step images of Moong Dal and Spinach Idli Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.