Green Peas Panki Video By Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6644 times
Green pea panki is a popular Gujarati snack made of a rice flour batter that is cooked between 2 banana leaves. Green peas added to the panki batter make it look more appealing and enhance its fibre value. Serve these steamed hot pankis with green chutney.
Recipe Description for Green Peas Panki ( Non- Fried Snacks )
- Combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, green peas, coriander, green chillies, salt, cumin seeds powder and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Add the fruit salt and 2 tbsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Place a banana leaf on a flat, dry surface and pour 2 tbsp of the batter over it.
- Cover with another banana leaf with the greased side over the batter, press it gently to spread the batter evenly to make a thin layer.
- Cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) till light brown spots appear on both the leaves and the panki in between peels off the leaves easily.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 7 more pankis.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- You can use grated paneer, cabbage, carrots instead of green peas for the above recipe.
See step by step images of Green Peas Panki ( Non- Fried Snacks ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.