Fattoush, Lebanese Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73860 times
fattoush salad | middle eastern fattoush salad | vegetarian fattoush salad | lebanese fattoush salad | with 21 amazing step by step recipes and video.
Fattoush is a Lebanese salad made by combining toasted and chopped pita bread with the choicest of veggies and herbs.
The texture of this Middle Eastern Fattoush salad is truly out-of-the-world, as it combines the crispiness of toasted pita bread with the juicy crunchiness of veggies. A simple but flavourful olive oil based dressing adds to the charm of this Fattoush salad, making it an incomparable treat.
To make Fattoush salad healthy, you can use whole wheat pita bread and toast it, instead of pita bread made with plain flour. We have used regular pita bread to make Fattoush salad as this is readily available in bakery stores and supermarkets across India.
At home, we serve Fattoush salad with some hummus and lavash or falafel.
Enjoy how to make Fattoush Salad recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make fattoush salad, place a pita bread on a clean, dry surface and slice it horizontally into 2 using a sharp knife.
- Cut into small equal sized squares using a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few pieces till they turn golden brown in colour form all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, along with the dressing in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Serve the fattoush salad immediately.
Fattoush ( Lebanese Salad ) Video by Tarla Dalal
Fattoush, Lebanese Salad recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||231.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||42.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.