Dahi Saunfiyani Tikki ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
दही सौंफीयानी टिक्की
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Dahi Saunfiyani Tikki ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes) in Hindi)
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36290 times
The Mughals like their food bursting with flavour and brimming with rich ingredients. The characteristic is once again revealed in this irresistible Dahi Saunfiyani Tikki. Made of a mixture of curds thickened with chana dal powder, perked up with aromatic herbs like coriander and mint, and the unmistakeable aroma of fennel, this crisp and tasty starter is perfect for a grand party.
- Combine the curds, paneer, green chillies, garlic, sugar, salt, coriander, mint leaves and fennel seeds powder in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the chana dal powder, curds mixture and cornflour and cook till the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan. Keep aside to cool.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a round, flat tikki.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep-fry the tikkis till they are golden brown in colour from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
Nutrient values per tikki
|Vitamin A||231.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.