cheese garlic bread recipe | baked cheese garlic toast | Indian style garlic cheese toast | bread snack |
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 80% LIKED IT
4 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25957 times
Cheese Garlic Bread is one of the best breads to serve with soups and starters .
It has the vibrant flavour of garlic, a pampering buttery taste and of course, an excitingly cheesy mouth-feel too.
A dash of red chilli flakes gives it a nice flavour, making it worthy of munching independently with or without a bowl of soup.
You can also try other party recipes like the Paneer, Potato and Corn Toast and Potatoes in Harissa Sauce .
- Combine the soft butter and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface, spread a little of the prepared butter-garlic spread on each bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese and a little of the chilli flakes evenly over each buttered-garlic bread slice.
- Arrange them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes.
- Cut each baked cheese garlic bread diagonally into 2.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Cheese Garlic Bread, Baked Cheese Garlic Toast recipe with step by step photos
If you like cheese garlic bread toast, then also try other cheese recipes like
- cheese popcorn recipe | 5 minute cheddar cheese popcorn | Indian cheese popcorn | spicy masala cheese popcorn | with 10 amazing images.
- cheese paratha recipe | cheese paratha with whole wheat flour | healthy cheese paratha | how to make cheese paratha | with 20 amazing images.
- cheese dosa recipe | how to make cheese dosa for kids | street style butter cheese dosa | crispy cheese dosa | with 12 amazing images.
Cheese garlic bread toast is made of 10 tbsp grated processed cheese, 1 tbsp grated garlic (lehsun), 5 tbsp soft butter, 10 bread slices and 1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika) for sprinkling.
The butter has to be soft, so remember to remove it from the refrigerator at least half an hour in advance.
Grated garlic can be replaced with finely chopped garlic.
Chilli flakes can be replaced with finely chopped green chillies.
Prefer to place the baking tray in the middle shelf of the oven, so the bread bakes evenly.
Processed cheese is sometimes sold in blocks, and quite often sold packed in individual cubes, sometimes with plastic wrappers or wax paper separating them.
Processed cheese should not be too crumbly or dry with the colour being relatively uniform.
Check the expiry date and look out for any discoloration or moldy spots.
Try to pick out sturdy crisp pods of garlic which do not appear wilted.
Further the garlic pods should not be soft on touch.
You should also check for mould and mildew on the garlic.
The garlic pods should not have any black, yellow or green spots. That is an indication of spoilage.
For the yeast sugar mixture of the bread, we need 1 tbsp instant dry yeast. This is the bacteria which helps the bread rise.
To this add 2 tbsp sugar. This is the food for the yeast.
Learn how to make bread in detail.
For the butter garlic mixture of cheese garlic bread recipe | baked cheese garlic toast | Indian style garlic cheese toast | bread snack, add 5 tbsp soft butter in a bowl.
Add 1 tbsp grated garlic (lehsun).
Mix well. Keep aside.
For the cheese garlic bread recipe | baked cheese garlic toast | Indian style garlic cheese toast | bread snack, place 10 bread slices on a clean, dry surface.
Spread a little of the prepared butter-garlic spread on each bread slice.
Sprinkle 1 tbsp of grated processed cheese over each bread slice.
Also sprinkle a little dry red chilli flakes (paprika) evenly over each buttered-garlic bread slice.
Arrange them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC (400ºF) for 10 minutes.
Cut each baked cheese garlic bread diagonally into 2.
Serve cheese garlic bread recipe | baked cheese garlic toast | Indian style garlic cheese toast | bread snack immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bread
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.