How many calories does one Sunny Side Up Egg have?
One Sunny Side Up Egg gives 97 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 0 calories, proteins account for 27 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 71 calories. One Sunny Side Up Egg provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Sunny Side Up Egg. Sunny Side Up Eggs as the name suggests looks like a splash of yellow on a white background, so it has a bright and cheery look that invites you to take a bite!
The best part is that it can be made very easily and quickly with minimal ingredients. Have a go at it today!
Is Sunny Side Up Egg healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
7 Health Benefits of Eggs
1. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein.
2. Moreover they are a fairly good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus… All these nutrients along with protein work towards building strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Eggs are also rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (necessary of healthy eyes) and B vitamins (vitamin B2, B3, B6 and B9).
4. The iron present in it will ensure a good supply of oxygen to prevent fatigue throughout the day.
5. Eggs give a high satiety value, while they add only fewer calories,. Thus they avoid unnecessary bingeing and thus promote weight loss too. Scrambled and boiled eggs should be preferred over the fried option. The reason is quite clear – none of us want to increase the waistline.
6. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. This benefits us by increasing the concentration by keeping the brain cells well-nourished.
7. Eggs are incredibly good source of antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which is known to protects against macular degeneration in the eyes and delay the onset of cataract. They also reduce the inflammation in the body and scavenge the free radicals, thus protecting all the organs and cells of the body.
Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sunny Side Up Egg ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Eggs are on the most nourishing foods you can rely on for breakfast. When served in the form of Sunny Side Eggs, they add very few calories but a very good dose of protein, B vitamins, calcium, vitamin A, phosphorus and iron too. Yes, so many key nutrients can be stocked upon by way of eggs. Made in a jiffy, you add on only 97 calories by way of 1 serving of this recipe. Include them for a breakfast and stay energized throughout the day.
Cooked with small quantity of butter, these Eggs add on MCT (medium chain triglycerides) which go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles and organs. They don’t get deposited as fat. Thus the research has shown that these fats are healthy for weight loss. These fill you so well that you are sure to stay steer of unhealthy bingeing in the later part of the day. Pile on nutrients and not weight with Sunny Side Up Eggs.
Can healthy individuals have Sunny Side Up Egg ?
Sunny Side Up Egg is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 97 calories that come from Sunny Side up Egg?
Walking (6 kmph) = 29 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 13 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 17 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.