How many calories does one cup of Rajma Salad for Toddlers have?
One cup of Rajma Salad for Toddlers gives 142 calories.
This is for adults. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 100 calories, proteins account for 35 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 6 calories. One cup of Rajma Salad for Toddlers provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Rajma Salad for Toddlers recipe. This is probably an adventurous salad for toddlers, but children these days enjoy eating chat-pata food even at this age. So, they will love the combination of crunchy, juicy, tangy veggies with cooked rajma, with a dash of lemon and spice.
Never use chopped chillies at this age. Lemon and jeera powder are sufficient to safely impart a fascinating flavour to the Rajma Salad for Toddlers.
This protein and calcium rich Rajma Salad for Toddlers can also be taken along when you go on an outing, so that the child has something tasty and satiating to munch on.
Is Rajma Salad for Toddlers healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
1. Rajma salad for toddlers is a protein and calcium rich food for kids above 1 year. At this age these 2 nutrients are extremely important for their growing bones.
2. This salad is very satiating as rajma is filled with fiber.
3. The kids can gain in some B vitamins too by way of this salad.
4. The lemon juice which serves the purpose of dressing in this salad, will top up their vitamin C requirement. Vitamin C is an immune building nutrient.
5. Vitamin C will also help in absorption of iron from this salad.
6. Good amounts of folic acid from this salad will foster brain development.
Some Notes for babies.
This whole Rajma Salad for babies can be served to babies who are 1 year old.
Begin only with a small quantity and then increase the portion size. Check for symptoms of indigestion if any.
If you wish, you can also mash the rajma in this salad slightly to make it easier for the baby to chew.
Let the child eat and experiment on his/her own. Give them a spoon and let them explore different textures, colours and tastes.
Do not add excess salt to this Rajma Salad for babies. Remember that food habits formed at an early age of toddlerhood will stay with them for a lifetime.
Do not force the toddler to eat. Be flexible in terms of meal times and portion size served.
Ensure that your child sits in an upright position while eating always (and especially while enjoying this salad) to avoid choking.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Rajma : One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium requirements. Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food. See here for 10 health benefits of rajma and why you should eat it.
2. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. Cucumber forms a healthy snack as it's alkaline and a great acidity snack reliever. So you can have it as a snack at work. Better to have it peeled to remove the effects of pesticides. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
3. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
4. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
Rajma Salad for Toddlers is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.