How many calories does one serving of Nachni Ladoos have?
One serving of Nachni Ladoos gives 118 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 54 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 60 calories. One serving of Nachni Ladoos provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See nachni ladoos recipe | ragi ladoo | healthy recipe for pregnancy | ragi laddu |
nachni ladoos is a healthy dessert compared to sugar laden sweets available in the market. Learn how to make ragi ladoo.
ragi ladoo is made from simple ingredients ragi, ghee, powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
To make nachni ladoos, heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the ragi flour and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously. Remove from the flame, add the sugar and mix well. Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a greased plate, spread it evenly and keep aside to cool completely for 10 to 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes and keep at room temperature for another 5 minutes. Scrape the ladoo mixture using a spoon, divide it into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball. Serve or store nachni ladoos in an air-tight container.
We are lucky because the Indian landscape makes available to us a wealth of healthy grains with immeasurable benefits. Most of these grains and their flours are so versatile that they can be used to make everything from khichdis to ladoos. Here is a delicious ragi ladoo that proves our point.
A nutrient-dense and irresistibly tasty treat laced with cardamom, these ladoos help build your iron and vitamin B complex reserves. When you feel like snacking, grab two of these power-packed ladoos to shoo away your hunger.
Compared to other sweets which are loaded with sugar and / or refined maida, this healthy recipe for pregnancy can be a wise pick. A mum-to-be can benefit from the calcium nachni has in bountiful amounts. Each ladoo provides 71.3 mg of calcium.
Ragi flour is also enriched with fiber as compared to maida. Fiber is a key nutrient to keep your digestive system healthy. But remember these ragi laddus also have some amount of sugar. Hence do not include them on a daily basis. Make them a part of your diet occasionally.
Tips for nachni ladoos. 1. Saute ragi flour only on slow flame, else it might burn quickly. 2. Add sugar only after removing from flame, else it might harden. 3. You can store them at room temperature in an air-tight container. They stay fresh for upto 10 days.
Is Nachni Ladoos healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Ragi flour ( Nachni flour) : Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, fiber rich food which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat. Ragi is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance. A must read for the 11 benefits of ragi to include in your daily diet.
2. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Nachni Ladoos?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet.
Can healthy individuals have Nachni Ladoos?
No. Avoid sugar.
Which ladoo is fairly healthy?
Try picking a ladoo recipe which has no rava or sugar to it and less fat. In Wheat flour and jaggery ladoo we have replaced rava and sugar with wheat flour and jaggery. Yet this is to be had in restricted quantity. Yet this is to be had in restricted quantity. Make oats and mixed nuts ladoo recipe which is sweetened by jaggery and oats is super healthy.
atta ladoo recipe | whole wheat flour ladoo | whole wheat flour and jaggery ladoo | easy wheat flour ladoo |
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 118 calories that come from one serving of Nachni Ladoos?
Walking (6 kmph) = 35 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 12 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 16 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 20 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.