How many calories does one Gaund Ke Ladoo have?
One Gond Ke Ladoo gives 142 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 57 calories, proteins account for 5 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 82 calories. One Gaund Ke Ladoo provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. gond ke ladoo recipe | dinkache ladoo | Rajashthani gaund ke laddu | with 42 amazing images.
gond ke ladoo recipe | dinkache ladoo | Rajashthani gaund ke laddu is a famous winter fare in India. Learn how to make dinkache ladoo.
To make gond ke ladoo, heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts and saute on a low flame for 1 to 2 minutes. The nuts will turn golden brown in colour. Add raisins, transfer to a bowl and keep aside. In another non-stick kadhai, heat ghee for frying. Add ¼ cup of gond at a time and deep fry till it puffs up. Drain on absorbent paper. Transfer the fried gond on a rolling board and using a rolling pin crush it coarsely. Keep aside. Then in a broad non-stick pan, add the dried coconut and dry roast on a low flame for 5 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour. Keep aside. In a mixer jar, add dried dates and blend to a coarse powder. Keep aside. In another non-stick kadhai, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee, add the powdered dried dates and roast on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till it turns brown in colour. Keep aside. In another non-stick kadhai, combine jaggery and 3 tbsp of water and cook till the jaggery melts. It should be cooked till one string consistency. Finally, in the bowl of dried nuts, add fried and crushed gond, roasted dried coconut, roasted and powdered dried dates, melted jaggery, roasted poppy seeds, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well with your hands. Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball by rolling in between your greased palms. Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Gond is an edible gum, extracted from the bark of a tree. Pale, brownish yellow coloured crystals of gaund are easily available in shops. You first need to deep-fry the crystals till they fluff up and then powder them before use in recipes. Gaund is a heat-giving food that is combined with jaggery and heartily devoured in Rajasthan during the winter months in the form of Rajashthani gaund ke laddu.
Termed as dinkache ladoo in Maharashtra, this traditional delicacy is often had with a glass of warm milk for breakfast, but some prefer to enjoy it as a dessert after a nice meal!
While the Rajasthani version makes use of wheat flour, the gond ke ladoo is often made without it too! We have shared both the versions here, you can make your choice between the two varieties.
You would find the method of making gond ke ladoo slightly elaborate, but it’s worth the effort. Roasting the dry fruits, dry coconut and dry dates separately and then mixing with melted jaggery lends the perfect texture to these ladoos. The lilting aroma and flavour of cardamom powder and nutmeg powder make this mithai truly irresistible.
Tips for gond ke ladoo. 1. Immediately roll into ladoos when the mixture is ready. If you wait too long, then the ladoo mixture can harden and then be difficult to shape into balls. 2. Fry the gond in small batches and not at one go. This is because the gond will then stick to each other. 3. Store in an airtight container.
Is Gaund Ke Ladoo healthy?
No, it's not healthy. Made from gaund, ghee, whole wheat flour, sugar and ghee.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
What's the problem?
1. Deep fried foods : This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks. So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff. So you have given the cells in your body the right food to stay healthy and that is so important in staying disease free for the rest of your life.
2. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Gaund Ke Ladoo?
No, as the ladoo is deep fried and loads of sugar it has. This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process.
Can healthy individuals have Gaund Ke Ladoo?
No, as the ladoo is deep fried and loads of sugar it has. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process.
What is a healthier option to Gaund Ke Ladoo?
We suggest you have oats and mixed nuts ladoo which has very little jaggery used as a sweetener.
Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo (Healthy Laddu)
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 263 calories that come from Gaund Ke Ladoo?
Walking (6 kmph) = hour 19 min
Running (11 kmph) = 26 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 35 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 45 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.