How many calories does one Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad have?
One Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad gives 41 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 24 calories, proteins account for 7 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 12 calories. One Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad recipe. A colourful salad that's sure to appeal to your taste buds as well your eyes. This fibre rich salad will also add plenty of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron. Since vitamin C is a very volatile nutrient, it should be added just before serving, so do use freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can also add a dash of finely chopped garlic to this dressing if you like.
Is Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Bean Sprouts Benefits : Bean Sprouts are one of the most complete and nutritional of all the foods that exist. With lots of dietary fiber to their credit, beans sprouts add bulk too stools and makes the passage of stools through the digestive tract easier. This helps to avoid constipation. With significant amounts of iron, beans sprouts help to maintain the red blood cell (RBC) count. A good RBC count means no sign of anaemia. Bean sprouts are a boon for heart patients. They help maintain cholesterol levels and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of bean sprouts in bean sprouts glossary.
3. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : Low in calorie and rich source of fiber. Fruits are low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges, Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough fruits like oranges, mango and papaya have high incidence of night-blindness. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
4. Lettuce is healthy and very low in calories.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad ?
Yes, this works for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Oranges add the sweetness to the salad. Bean sprouts help maintain cholesterol levels and good for diabetics.
Can healthy individuals have Lettuce Orange Spinach Salad ?
Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 41 calories that come from Lettuce, Orange and Spinach Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 12 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 4 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 5 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 7 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.