How many calories does 1 Bajra Roti have?
One Bajra Roti gives 119 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 76 calories, proteins account for 13 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 30 calories. One Bajra Roti provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See bajra roti recipe. Though bajra is grown only in certain parts of Rajasthan, bajra rotis are relished all over the state. Thickly rolled bajra rotis are cooked over "kanda" (cow dung cakes) in the villages. That is the authentic way of preparing them because it imparts a smoked flavour to the rotis. But here’s a tava version of the famous bajra roti. Bajra rotis can accompany virtually any vegetable or kadhi on a Rajasthani menu. Bajra roti, lahsun ki chutney and onions is the staple diet of the locals. Although absolutely simple to make, these rotis are delicious!
Is Bajra Roti healthy?
Yes, Bajra Roti is healthy as its made of bajra flour and whole wheat flour which are both super foods.
Beneftis of Bajra Flour
1. Bajra Roti is high in proteins for muscle building and insoluble fibre good for maintaining normal cholesterol levels as well blood glucose levels.
2. Bajra Roti forms a complete protein for Vegetarians when combined with legumes like rajma, moong dal, urad dal, toovar dal, chana dal.
3. On a Gluten Free diet, then Bajra Roti is a super option.
4. Bajra is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance which is good for Diabetics. Having very low magnesium will result in the pancreas not secrete enough insulin to control our blood sugar.
5. Bajra and all Millets are rich in Potassium. Potassium is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium.
Whole Wheat flour : 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour is used. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
Bajra Roti is like a super food with so many health benefits. Consume it regularly with your Indian meals and its way better option than having Naan, Kulchas which are not that healthy as they are made with refined flour which can cause inflammation to the body.
Bajra Roti article you will like:
Is bajra roti or whole wheat roti healthier.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Bajra Roti ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Bajra is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance which is good for Diabetics and healthy heart.
Yes, this is healthy but when having cereals such as jowar, bajra, buckwheat, ragi, oats and barley, it's best to have some low fat curds with it for diabetics to reduce the carbohydrate load and it is recommended to control portion size of the cereal. Good for heart and weight loss but control portion size.
Low Fat Curds ( How To Make Low Fat Curds)
Bajra roti can be had with some very healthy sabzis like dahi bhindi ki sabzi recipe, mooli ki sabzi recipe, bhindi masala recipe.
Bajra Roti is good for
1. Weight Loss
3. Heart Patients
4. Healthy Lifestyle
5. Lower Acidity as its alkaline in nature
6. Lowers Blood Pressure
7. Relieves Constipation
8. Prevents anaemia
9. Rich in Folic Acid
10. Good for bones
How to burn 119 calories that come from Bajra Roti?
Walking (6 kmph) = 36 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 12 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 16 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 20 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.