How many calories does one 4 Flour Dosa have?
One 4 Flour Dosa gives 108 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 76 calories, proteins account for 16 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 16 calories. One 4 Flour Dosa provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. 4 Flour Dosa recipe. flour dosa recipe | mixed flour dosa | jowar bajra ragi and whole wheat flour dosa | healthy four flour dosa.
Our 4 flour dosa recipe is a jowar bajra ragi and whole wheat flour dosa.
mixed flour dosa is made with a fermented batter of soaked and ground urad combined with the right proportions of four readymade flours. The 4 flour dosa is super tasty and notably satiating!
See why this is a healthy four flour dosa. Rather than using high glycemic index rice, this sumptuous pancake is made with fibre-rich flours like whole wheat, bajra, jowar and nachni. The usage of urad dal where folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Being rich in phosphorus it works with calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart.
Since the mixed flour dosa batter is fermented, it becomes easier to digest, and also gives a nice texture that is both crispy and fluffy.
The mixed flour dosa is a wise choice for diabetics, but we recommend having it with a small portion of sambhar only, to avoid excess fat from coconut chutney.
For a tasty and diabetic friendly breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, check out our collection of diabetic recipes.
Is 4 Flour Dosa healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. Rather than using high glycemic index rice, this sumptuous pancake is made with fibre-rich flours like whole wheat, bajra, jowar and nachni. Since the batter is fermented, it becomes easier to digest, and also gives a nice texture that is both crispy and fluffy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Bajra flour : Bajra flour is high in protein and is a complete protein for vegetarians when combined with dal. So as a Vegetarian, include bajra in your diet. Bajra is a great option for those on a gluten free diet. Bajra is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance which is good for Diabetics but to be had in restricted quantiy and a healthy heart. See here for the detailed benefits of bajra flour.
2. Jowar Flour : Jowar is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. Jowar and all Millets are rich in Potassium. Potassium is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Hence a good safe food for diabetics but to be had in restricted quantity and safe for those who want to live and eat healthy. Being high in Fibre, Jowar reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the effects of good cholesterol (HDL). See detailed benefits of jowar.
3. Ragi flour ( Nachni flour) : Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, high in fiber which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat. Ragi is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance. A must read for the benefits of ragi to include in your daily diet.
4. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
5. Urad Dal : 1 cup of cooked urad dal gives 69.30% of folic acid of your daily requirement of folate. The folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. See here for 10 super benefits of urad dal.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have 4 Flour Dosa ?
Yes, this is healthy for diabetics. Jowar is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. Healthy for heart as Being high in Fibre, Jowar reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the effects of good cholesterol (HDL). Good for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have 4 flour dosa?
Yes. Way healthier than dosa. Read is dosa healthy?
What is a healthy accompaniment to the dosa?
Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander. Or you can have this healthy coocnut chutney made from coconut and coriander.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 108 calories that come from 4 Flour Dosa?
Walking (6 kmph) = 32 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 11 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 14 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 19 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.