Arhar ki Dal with Spinach Video, Punjabi Toovar Aur Palak Ki Dal by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13200 times
A spectacular preparation where a simple tovar dal combined with spinach that enhances the appearance and flavour of the dish. This mildly spiced recipe is a storehouse of nutrients since the dal is rich in proteins where as the spinach is a rich source of calcium. Palak di dal should be eaten hot with roti or rice
Recipe Description for Arhar ki Dal with Spinach, Punjabi Toovar Aur Palak ki Dal
Makes 1 servings
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal for 1 hour.
- Drain, add the turmeric powder, green chillies, salt and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mash the dal lightly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cloves, bayleaves, asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spinach, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared dal, ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.