Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2475 times
Note:if a steamer is not available, use a pressure cooker by placing a stand in the bottom and cook without a whistle.
goes very well when eaten hot with coconut chutney.
Add your private note
Yele kadbu recipe - How to make Yele kadbu
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Milk - 2 tbsp salt to taste
- 1.mix wheat flour,milk,cumin powder,salt and form a dough(similar to the chapathi dough).set aside for 5 mins.
- 2.divide the dough into 12 equal portions
- 3.using a roller,flatten the portion to make it as big as a roti.
- 4.apply ghee on the surface of the dough and fold it into a semicircle.
- 5.apply ghee again and fold it into another half.
- 6.similarly flatten all the portions.
- 7.heat water in a steamer,and place the flattened dough portions in a vessel with holes.
- 8.keep it in the steamer and steam for 10 mins.
- 9.remove from steamer and serve with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by ashwinimargad on 08 Jun 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.