Whole Wheat and Carrot Beetroot Savoury Muffins
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8335 times
Muffins are a handy snack, which can be had for breakfast on a hurried morning or even carried along to gobble up en route to work! Interestingly, muffins don’t always have to be sweet. Here is a lip-smacking savoury muffin made of a blend of whole wheat and plain flours, perked up with grated veggies.
Paneer and curds enhance the texture of this muffin, while a dash of herbs gives it an awesome aroma and flavour. Serve the Whole Wheat and Carrot Beetroot Savoury Muffins warm, to relish the best texture and soul-warming aroma of herbs.
Had along with a glass of smoothie or milkshake is enough to kick start your day.
- Combine the curds and approx. ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, mixed herbs and salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the carrot, beetroot, paneer, melted butter and curd-water mixture in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold it gently using a spatula to get a thick batter.
- Pour equal quantities of the batter into greased muffin moulds. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese in the centre and 1 tsp of bread crumbs evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per muffin
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.