Whole Wheat Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6087 times
A smart combination of the right ingredients is essential to ensure the maximum uptake of iron from a recipe. In this wholesome Whole Wheat Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce, we have done away with cheese because calcium hinders the absorption of iron. Iron-rich red pumpkin is used in the place of milk to thicken the sauce. This recipe also has crunchy walnuts, another good source of iron and an excellent source of omega-3-fatty acids.
- Combine the spinach, red pumpkin and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes or till the pumpkin is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onions and red capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach sauce, sugar, chilli flakes, oregano, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the whole wheat spaghetti, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with walnuts.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.