Whole Wheat Dosa with Mixed Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4669 times
When you feel like having a dosa but have not planned ahead for it, here is a healthy and tasty alternative that is made with just one teaspoon of oil!
Made with urad dal flour and whole wheat flour, this Whole Wheat Dosa with Mixed Vegetables is a reasonably quick fix as you do not have to do any grinding. Just mix together the ingredients and let it ferment for 30 minutes, and then you are all set to make the dosas.
A yummy stuffing of mixed vegetables, which is also very easy to prepare, makes the dosas tastier and more filling, and also keeps them moist. You will find that this dosa is soft and not very crisp, but together with the stuffing it tastes awesome.
Moreover, since high glycemic index rice has been replaced with wheat, it is also much healthier. Since the dosas are made with minimal oil, serve them immediately.
Try other healthy snacks like Baked Oats Puri and Bajra, Carrot and Onion Uttapa .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mash well using a potato masher. Keep aside.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, urad dal flour, salt and approx. 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Cover it with a lid and keep aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear a few drops of oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Put a little mixed vegetable stuffing on one side of the dosa and fold it over and make a semi-circle.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 9 more whole wheat dosa with mixed vegetable.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.