Whhite Beans In Tomato Sauce
This recipe has been viewed 1189 times
You can eat them with tortilla, white or spanish rice or rotlis. you could also blend the beans and make a paste to serve as white bean dip or a white burrito paste to add to your burritos. (note there are no onions on this recipe), from my grand-mother to your table. (Guatemalan recipe)
Add your private note
Whhite Beans In Tomato Sauce recipe - How to make Whhite Beans In Tomato Sauce
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 bag of white beans (medium size)
2 spoons of cummin powder3 cloves garlic (lehsun), chopped
1 can of tomato paste/or sauce
- Clean and was the white beans and let them soak for about 2 hrs. or the night before.
- Then boil them for about 15 minutes and drop the first boiling water (it has a lot of foam which produces gas).
- Add more water and the tomato paste/sauce
- Chopped garlic and the cummin powder
- Let them cook in a regular pot for about 1 hr. or until tender or use the pressure cooker.
- When tender, add salt to your taste.
- You can get some of the same beans and smash them to thick the sauce and add fresh tomatoes and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Rebeca on 02 Mar 2007I am a Latin American woman married to a Vegetarian Gujurati. My love for my husband and his cultur...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.